As the principal of Harding Security Services Inc., Victor combines his chartered accountant training with more than 30 years of diversified business experience. He has spent the last 22 years in the security alarm industry, first co-owning Alliance Security Inc., a franchised alarm dealer network based in Ontario. When he sold Alliance to VOXCOM Inc. he joined the company and helped VOXCOM grow their business through acquisitions and a new authorized dealer program. He then brought the same skills to Protectron where he helped to grow their business through acquisitions and a newly designed dealer program.
In 2009, Victor Harding started HSSI as a consulting firm designed to service the security industry in Canada and the United States.
Before getting into the security industry, Victor worked in various senior roles in publicly traded and private Canadian companies.
- BA Trinity College, University of Toronto – 1970
- MSc London School of Economics, London England – 1971
- CA Clarkson Gordon – 1972-76
- Vice-President Harding Carpets Ltd., publicly traded manufacturer and distributor of carpets – 1977-85
- Consultant McKinsey & Co., strategic and organizational consulting – 1985-87
- General Manager Windsor Ceramic Tile, ceramic tile manufacturer – 1987-90
- General Manager WHE Engineering, food processing equipment manufacturer – 1991-93
- Owner/General Manager Alliance Security, franchise dealer network. Sold to VOXCOM. – 1994-97
- Vice-President VOXCOM Inc., Dealer Development and Acquisitions – 1997-99
- Consultant to VOXCOM Inc., Dealer Development and Acquisitions – 1999-2002
- Reliance-Protectron Security, Manager Dealer Development and Acquisitions – 2003-09
- Harding Security Services Inc. (HSSI) Principal – 2009-Present
Victor has served two terms as a director on the Ontario Board of Canasa (Canadian Security Association).
Member of the following organizations:
- Canadian Security Association- Canasa
- Electronic Security Association- ESA
- Canadian Fire Alarm Association- CFAA
- Canadian Automatic Sprinkler Association- CASA
- International Business Brokers Association
In the exceptional circumstance where Harding Security is asked to get involved in the buying or selling of real estate, we have partnered with a Toronto based real estate company to handle the transaction