One of the best ways to grow your security business is to use an Authorized Dealer Program. Dealer Programs usually consist of an independent alarm dealer selling newly installed alarm accounts with 3–5 year monitoring contracts to a larger national company. Dealer Programs are a partnership between 2 parties that need each other and are aimed at creating Recurring Monthly Revenue (RMR).
HERE IS WHAT HSSI CAN DO FOR YOU REGARDING DEALER PROGRAMS:
- Either help design a new Dealer Program from scratch or alter an existing program
- Provide a clear understanding of how Dealer Programs work.
- Report on what roughly the other existing programs in the market provide.
- Develop a competitive and appealing “payment grid” to buy dealer accounts
- Help you compose a Dealer Agreement along with terms, policies and procedures
- Recruit and train representatives who can find and set up dealers who will deliver accounts.
Marketing Partner Programs is another method of creating RMR in the alarm industry. Here the independent alarm company usually partners with a well-known non security company in its market area and uses this marketing partner to help generate new RMR. In the past VOXCOM Inc was one of the more successful at using Marketing Partnerships with large Canadian
companies such as Aeroplan, Home Depot, and Halifax and Co-operators Insurance to sell the VOXCOM alarm systems to their client base. This created new alarm accounts while providing value-added services for the marketing partner.
Victor Harding has experience building both Authorized Dealer Programs and Marketing Partnerships. He has helped build a network of franchised alarm dealers (Alliance Security), two Canadian-based national Authorized Dealer Programs (VOXCOM and Protectron), and consulted for a U.S. security company that developed its own dealer program here in Canada.
Regarding this kind of work HSSI works as a consultant and charges a monthly rate.